Thursday 27 May 2010

Free Books Compo - Form Orderly Queue Please

I know I've ranted on sometime in the dim distant past about why I don't read much fantasy any more. Suffice to say, most of it is derivative, predictable and very, very cliched. By the same token, I do enjoy it when I discover a good fantasy writer. Over the past few years I've loved the work of both George RR Martin and, especially, the magnificent Steven Erikson.

Recently, I've also been reading reading the work of Celine Kiernan. Although her Moorehawke Chronicles are aimed towards a younger audience, Celine's world is meticulously thought out, her main characters both flawed and believable and, very important this, she tells a good story. If that wasn't enough she can draw too (mumble, mutter, it's not fair, grumble).

All of this is by way of introduction to a competition Celine is currenly running on her web site, where you can win a full set of the Moorehawke books. This is especially enticing when you consider that the third book in the series, The Rebel Prince, isn't published for another five months.

So what are you waiting for, get on over there and have a go - but don't forget to come back here afterwards. It gets very lonely without you.

And yes, I'll be blogging about the Bisto awards shortly too.

2 comments:

Celine said...

Thanks so much for the shout out, Bob! I really appreciate it ( and I'm blushing at all the nice things you've said)

BB said...

No worries Celine, hope it points some people your way